This training program is aimed at providing all persons at work with proper techniques when lifting, carrying, loading, pushing and supporting. It provides employees with good work practices such as proper lift Techniques.
Duration: Half Day
Certification: Certificate of Attendance valid for 3 years
This course is NOT a Patient (People) Handling course and is not suitable for candidates who will move people (Patient Handling course is a full day course)
Price includes booklets and refreshments. Fully compliant Manual Handling Training Certificate valid 3 years (subject to passing course assessment) and receipt issued after training course.
All our instructors are QQI Level 6 certified.
Manual handling training is required under Regulation 13 of the 1993 (General Application Regulations) and 1993 Regulations.
On completion of this Manual Handling course participants will be able to:
- Recognize a load which is too heavy or awkward
- Understand the limitations of the spine and muscular system
- Conduct a manual handling risk assessment
- Lift and handle loads safely.
- Dangers of careless and unskilled methods
- Manual handling legislation
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Anatomy of the spine and muscular system
- How the body is harmed through incorrect manual handling techniques
- Importance of physical fitness
- Personal protective equipment
- How to handle loads safely
- Practice in safe manual handling of loads to include:-
- Lifting to and from ground level
- Lifting to and from a height
Manual Handling Course Content
- Structure Of The Back including Anatomy and Physiology
- Manual Handling Risk Assessment and Hazard Identification
- Different Type Of Lifts (Lifting, Moving, Carrying, Push and Pull)
- General Principles Of Lifting / Handling
- Practical Demonstration Of Safe Lifting Techniques By Instructor
- Followed By Student